Monday 21 May 2007

Not a wally

If you've read the posts from my old blog (see below), you'd probably think that I'm a bit of a wally with water...... with the sprinkler system and saturating mice....... but I'm not.

I just wanted to clear that up. I am well aware that these are trying (and drying) times. Water is such a precious commodity, and I am one of the many who prays for rain. Adam and I are very water-wise, and try to save water wherever possible. We have a couple of green patches on our front lawn and out the back, but not through wasting water.

We have:

  • Buckets in the shower that we empty into a basin that has a hose to the front lawn
  • A timer in the shower, and a water-saving shower head
  • A hose from the washing machine to the back lawn, which we use to fill buckets to water the plants out the front
  • A bucket in the kitchen sink for clean-ish (not black-water) to water the plants or rinse dishes
  • Obeyed the water restrictions, and haven't even watered the garden with the hose for months (and no, its not just that I keep sleeping in....)
  • Plans for getting a water tank to save the water off the roof.

Hasn't the rain this past week been glorious?

No comments: