Tuesday 30 September 2008

The journey begins

On 14 September Cooper was baptised at St Marks Lutheran Church in Melton, where I was one of the first people baptised. Cooper was also the first second-generation child to be baptised into our congregation, and was also the third person baptised in my family for 2008.

My brother Jamie and his wife Rebecca (Beccy) agreed to be Cooper’s godparents, and Cooper was a little angel during the service. I just hope that my brother and sister didn’t annoy the congregation too much with the actions that they were doing to the songs (so, how does the action to the torrent of water go again?!)

It was a very special day for our families, and we were blessed with some extra special guests in the form of Cooper’s great-grandparents Ma Bet and Pa Bob, and Aunty Ale (late Uncle Jeff’s wife), who we hadn’t seen in nearly a year. Grandpa also made a special FaithChest for Cooper to store some of the mementos from his faith journey.
Cooper's Baptism Sept 2008

There were at least 15 people who had said they would come that didn’t actually make it due to illness and other reasons, so we had heaps of food. So much so that my sister-in-law and mum were encouraging everyone to take a plate of left-overs with them, which they successfully did. It was so nice to have a relatively clear fridge after lunch rather than having to eat left-overs for the next week.

May God bless you now and always as you start your journey of faith little man. As I say to you when I give you a kiss and cross your forehead every night before you go to sleep - Cooper, God loves you, and I love you. Amen

1 comment:

Trace said...

Sorry we missed it. Looks like it was a great day. Thanks for including the link for the faith box. I saw you mention it on facebook and I had no idea what it was. It is so nice that your dad could make it for Cooper.