Sunday 30 November 2008

He laughed, which made me laugh, which made him laugh.....

November was a good month for watching Cooper doing new things, nearly all at the same time.

At the start of the month, Cooper started to laugh properly. The first time he did it I cracked up, and he laughed at my laugh, and I laughed, and he laughed again, and we kept going for a couple of minutes. It was so cute, and we could’ve gone on like that for ages!

Not long after that Cooper started to roll from his tummy to his back. I realized that I hadn’t been putting him on his tummy much for fear of him losing his feed, and when I put him on his tummy I was surprised at how strong he was. We usually put him on his tummy before his bath so that when he has no-nappy time he will pee onto the towel and not all over the room (we're lucky that he can't roll from his back to his tummy yet), and if he is impatient for his bath he can even crawl about 50 cm until he gets off the blanket, when he screams!

Cooper - November 2008

Cooper met his great-Poppy from Beerwah in Queensland, and no sooner had Poppy walked in the door than Cooper and his cousin Alison were put in his lap for much-awaited cuddles. He also experienced his first traditional Melbourne Cup day with our family, where we all go to the local park for chicken and champagne breakfast, and basically eat and drink the day away. This year we were able to celebrate with great-Poppy and Uncle Bardie.

Towards the end of the month Cooper’s legs got even stronger, and all he wants to do is stand up on your lap. I put him in the walker for a few minutes a couple of days ago and he loved it, but he hasn’t got the hang of bouncing and jumping, so when I put him in the Jolly Jumper he just stood there with stiff legs and a funny look on his face.

Just before Cooper turned four months of age I noticed that he was kicking so much in the baby bath that he was making a huge mess, so we moved onto the big bath, which he loves. The only trouble I have now in the bath is trying to stop him from turning his head to drink the bathwater.

Cooper had his second lot of needles, the four month ones, and by the time the doctor lifted the edge of his pants on the second leg, he knew what was coming and started crying even before the needle was anywhere near him. Smart kid!

At his four-month check up with the maternal child health nurse, Cooper weighed 6.66 kg and was 64 cm long.

2 comments:

Janelle Spring said...

great update, thanks! Weird, though... I only just had this come up on my bookmark to say there was a new post TODAY... and you posted it in November!

I'm so glad to see things are going so well for you all. I really enjoy reading your updates!

Trace said...

Lucky you wrote that Janelle, coz I thought I was going crazy! Nearly every day I check my fave blogs and finally there was an update today... from November?!?!?